Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 4 or so...

Well last night we had our second workout with our new friend Wade...I call him a friend cos he hasn't killed us yet. I'm doing my best to still have a very positive attitude...I found that slipping last night at the end of the work out. But we'll get to that.

OK...so last night was legs or lower body work out...we did some different squats and such...a little stair action...planks...and some other ab work...Planks and me...hmmm...not the easiest...but I stuck it out...and on the last one...yeah getting up was an issue...my right thigh gave out on me...recovered for a few seconds and with a lift from Mikey I was good. We had also gotten there 30 minutes early and after checking in and a trip out to the car to get things that I had forgotten such as towels...then we went and warmed up on the equipment upstairs...I tried a stairmaster...ok...I've done these before...but luck would have it that the one I got on was acting up...damn the luck, I wasn't meant to do StairMaster last night...so I got on a sitting bike and pedaled my heart out till Wade was ready for us...did over 3 and a half miles in 22 minutes...I didn't feel that was too shabby. Mike experimented with a bunch of different machines.

OK, so to the part where I crapped out. Floor work for abs...after a hard work out where I'm already winded and tired...have me lay on my back and do sets of ab crunches. Granted, I've never been able to ever do a crunch properly. Either I've never been shown or my belly gets in the way...I don't know. My face got so over heated from the blood rush and I guess lack of good breathing practices when I'm flat on my back struggling to keep my legs up while doing crunches. I wanna do ab work. Don't get me wrong. It's my hardest area that I know I need work on...but can we start on the machines doing stuff? Floor work never does me good. I had to sit up for a bit and take a breather. Wade offered alternatives to the crunches. Did I wanna do scissor kicks? use the big ball? What'd I wanna do? Um leave...lol...that's what I wanted to do. I took a moment and said to myself no...I have to do something. So after my face cooled off...I did scissor kicks. Then Wade was nice and had us stretch to end out the session.

He said we'd hurt today. And I trusted him on that. I thought it'd be bad...we did a few different types of squats and I was feeling the burn last night. Either it hasn't set in yet, or I do more working out when I go nuts dancing at the club and drop it like it's hot like a fool who does NOT know when to quit. I've been in much more pain following those weekends...LMAO...I'm wondering if I should tell him that or not. Don't want him to take it as a challenge. But yes I hurt...no I'm, not dying. I was even brave enough to wear my heels again today. I felt for sure it would be a mistake but I's cool.

So after the work out last night, we went and hung with Nikky Celebrating her last night of her 30s in style. She even fed us...even though it was Pizza...lol. I did good. Should have stopped at one piece...but only had 2 and a couple little pieces of cheese bread. One piece really filled me up...but I was compelled to eat the second piece by outside forces. lol And today for lunch we had Mexican food. But I only had a few chips, with cheesy beef, a soft taco, and a nacho really. that's it, and I had a tortilla. For me, that's amazing. I'm just NOT hungry. Rock on! And I was starving before we left...So it's all good. I'll knock out a snack from my daily routine today to make up for the extra carbs and calories. May even do some Dance Dance tonight if we get home at a decent time. We have to get groceries and run a couple of other errands tonight.

OK...I'll have more later! thanks for reading and I always appreciate support. MUAH!

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment